Apply now - social worker
In adult social care we open the door for people. So that they live the life they want to and deserve.
Join us as a social worker and you will play a pivotal role in making sure this happens. We want the people we work in partnership with to have independence, choice and control. You’ll carry out assessments of need, plan and deliver services, and review outcomes with that principle guiding everything you do.
We’ll look to you to:
- Bring experience and expertise to situations that are complex and ambiguous
- Use analytical skills to inform assessment, decision-making and intervention, supporting others to do the same
- Ensure effective safeguarding and risk management, undertaking investigations and proportionate assessment of adults, while acting as the lead professional in safeguarding situations (both inter-agency and inter-professional)
- Address adversity and social exclusion, including circumstances such as poor health, poverty and inadequate living conditions
- Act as lead professional when a person’s health of capacity is deteriorating
- Experience of working with adults and/or children within a health and social care setting
- Social Work England registration (SWE)
- Knowledge and experience of adult social care legislation
- A social work degree, social work diploma, CQSW or CSS
- A driving licence and the ability to travel
- For senior level opportunities, experience of a specialist role e.g., AMHP, Practise Educator or equivalent.
- Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information, visit Services for businesses, charities and other public bodies.
- English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To submit your application, please fill in the below, and a member of our team will be in touch