Location: Welwyn Hatfield
In adult social care we open the door for people. So they can live the life they want to.
Join us as a social worker and play a pivotal role in making this happens. We want the people we work with to have independence, choice and control. You’ll get alongside people, form useful relationships and help them make decisions about their lives.
We’ll look to you to:
- Bring clear values and a commitment to supporting people to stay in control of and to live their best lives
- Apply your experience and skills to making sense of the messy and complex realities of life
- Allow your professional curiosity and naturally positive outlook to find creative solutions
- Make sound decisions alongside the people they concern and based upon good evidence
- Help people to keep themselves safe whilst recognising that risk is part of a well lived life
- Be determined in your promotion of citizenship and human rights
- Recognise and work to combat the impact of discrimination and social exclusion
- Experience of working with adults and/or children within a health and social care setting
- Social Work England registration (SWE)
- Knowledge and experience of adult social care legislation
- A social work degree, social work diploma, CQSW or CSS
- A driving licence and the ability to travel
- For senior level opportunities, experience of a specialist role e.g., AMHP, Practise Educator or Best Interests Assessor.
- Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information, visit Services for businesses, charities and other public bodies.
- English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.