Domiciliary Care Worker
Location: Kings Langley
This is a role that makes a really important difference to the lives of adults with learning disabilities living in their own homes.
Of course, this is about personal care, but it’s also about helping people connect with the world around them, be part of the community, express themselves and make their own choices.
- Support people with dressing and undressing, washing and bathing, eating and drinking, continence care, and medication
- Support people with moving and handling, light housework, shopping, reading and writing, companionship
- Help people to explain their wishes, preferences, likes and dislikes
- Ensure that care and support are delivered in person-centred way
- Offer emotional support and encouragement
- Help identify support needs with people themselves and how best these can be met
- Follow care plans and record information in logbooks.
You will need:
- Personal care skills and experience (or willingness to learn)
- Willingness to work some weekends and bank holidays
- A driving licence and the ability to travel
- Work flexibly across service locations (as required by the business need)
- Work shift patterns, including: weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays