Community Learning Disability Nurse
Location: East Herts
Living life to the full – with all its colour and complexity, joy and challenges, risks and rewards – should be for everybody. In adult care services, that is our philosophy, and one we bring to every role in adult social care. Join us as a learning disability nurse and this will be at the heart of everything you do.
You will do vital work with members of the community with learning disabilities, making sure that the assessment and care management service delivers for everyone who needs it.
Part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Conduct health assessments and recommend specialist courses of action and individual care plans
- Act as a CPA care coordinator
- Give clinical advice to the people on your caseload and their families and carers
- Act as a health facilitator, liaising with wards and departments in acute hospitals, promoting inclusion into other services
- Get involved in quality improvements, audit and benchmarking
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of causation, treatment and care through training and knowledge share
- Help mentor and support more junior colleagues
You will need:
- NMC registration
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- A nursing degree
- A driving licence and the ability to travel
- Knowledge of the requirements and challenges of community nursing
- Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information, visit Services for businesses, charities and other public bodies.
- English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.