Community Care Officer
Location: Three Rivers
We want the people who live in Hertfordshire to live as they choose
You’ll bring your expertise to support disabled adults and older people. This not only means supporting people who need a bit of help now, but making sure everyone across the county understands their options and that we’re here whenever they need us.
It’s about listening, making people feel valued and safe in the knowledge there are lots of positive things we can do.
Your role will focus on:
- Advising and supporting people who call upon our service for some help
- Responding warmly with creative, practical and personalised ways to support people
- Applying your experience and skills to making sense of the messy and complex realities of life
- Helping people to keep themselves safe whilst recognising that risk is part of a well lived life
- Working to legislation such as the Care Act, Human Rights Act and the Mental Capacity Act which protects people’s rights to making their own decisions
Depending on which team you join, we may ask you to work weekends or support a seven-day service. This will be on a service-wide rota basis to cover Saturdays and Sundays once every eight weeks.
You will need
- A clear understanding of social or healthcare within the community.
- Paid or voluntary work experience
- Ideally. a relevant qualification in care work or similar setting.
- A driving Licence and ability to travel.
- Availability to support a 7-day service, including weekend work (depending on team). The post will be asked to be part of the service-wide rota to provide cover on consecutive Saturdays and Sundays once every eight weeks.
- Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information, visit Services for businesses, charities and other public bodies.
- English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.