Accessibility statement for Herts Care Careers
This website is run by TMP (UK) Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- The cookie preferences panels have two features that may present minor difficulties for some users of assitive technology.
- On first visting the site the cookie message banner will appear. The browser focus will go to this banner and the keyboard navigation will be kept inside the banner’s controls. This is important so that the cookie choices are prominent to those using assistive technology.
- Some users of assitive technology may find navigating the video controls difficult.
- A checkbox element within the Cookie Preferences tool has no label There is no minimal impact to users of assistive tech. This is part of a 3rd party integration that can only be fixed by the vendor.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us giving details of the issue and any assistive technology you are using.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
TMP (UK) Ltd. is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
WCAG 1.4.4 Resize Text (AA)
Information and functionality is getting lost when text size is increased to 200% , making it hard to understand or read.
WCAG 1.4.3 Contrast (AA)
We have use of lower font size than was intentionally made to emphasise the content. Will try to remove it in next update.
WCAG 1.4.11 Non-Text Contrast
Some places focus ring colour is not contrast enough with background to meet AA standard. Will try to remove it in next update.
WCAG 1.3.1 Info and Relationships
Hard to understand the current section. Can be addressed with use of landmarks.
WCAG 4.1.3 Status Change (AA)
User is not notified of change in response make it hard for listener to understand the completion of event.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
WCAG 2.1, 2.4.6, 2.4.7 Operable, Navigable, Headings and Labels
Automated testing reveals two form elements without labels inside the Cookie Preferences controls. Our tests have not shown that this is affecting usability for those with assistive devices. An obvious focus indicator was missing on Cookies Module filter checkbox. Further testing would be a disproportionate burden at this stage and remediation would also require retooling of a third party system.
WCAG 2.1, 2.4 Keyboard Navigation
Embedded videos hosted on YouTube, Vimeo and other media players include non-accessible elements that are native to the video platform. For example, this means buttons to play videos are not descriptive enough for screen reader users as the context of the video is not clear. This fails WCAG 2.4.6 AA (Headings and Labels).
In Chatbot, validation error is not read out by screen reader. This is part of a 3rd party integration that can only be fixed by the vendor. We are working towards making it accessible in next update.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 21st September 2021. The test was carried out by TMP Worldwide (UK) Limited.
All pages on the site were tested.
This statement was prepared on 21st September 2021.